“Promoting opportunity through Community Collaboration”
- After school programs are available through the Parkside Boys & Girls Club, a daycare licensed facility located at The Ben Cate Center at 420 Home Avenue. Recreation, tutoring, field trips, arts, life-skills development, and Computer Lab for youth from Kindergarten through 13 years old. For membership information call 380-4046.
- Teens Need Training (TNT) is an after shcool career and life skills enrichment program for youth 12 to 16 years old in collaboration with Maryville City Schools Family Resource Center.
- OTTERS Outdoor Recreation Program offers outdoor camping, hiking, backpacking, and canoeing activities for youth. A primary component also involves community service work in collaboration with The Smoky Mountains Hiking Club Trail Maintainers maintenance on the Appalachian Trail in collaboration with The Smoky Mountains Hiking Club Trail Maintainers and Maryville College Bonner Program.
- Other opportunities and special events are made available throughout the year including our summer Kids On Patrol Program with the Maryville Police Department, Back to School Bash event that provides free school supplies to students and an annual Health Fair.
FAMILIES AND SENIORS
- We offer a number of services and activities for our families and seniors through our Helping Hands Center at our Parkside Development next to our Administrative offices. AmeriCorps members and other volunteers provide resources and social activities. Our Community Cares Member also provides in home assistance to our most frail elderly and disabled residents which includes light housekeeping and shopping.
- The MESSENGER is our monthly resident newsletter that provides information on community resources, important notices, and housing events and activities. You can also receive our monthly newsletter via email by contacting our office.
OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP
- Maryville Housing Authority receives support and resources for resident initiatives through collaboration with dozens of local agencies, businesses, churches, and community volunteers. If you have an interest in providing help please contact our Special Projects Coordinator at 983-4958 ext. 118.