*Note: Applications for our Section 8 waiting list are CLOSED as of Monday, May 9, 2022. We will post on this website when they reopen.
Apply for Housing
Thank you for your interest in our housing programs and properties. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law, and do not discriminate against any person because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
To apply online, click the link below. You can also download a Public Housing or Maryville Towers application from the Downloads Page on the Resources tab above and mail or fax it to us. You can also come to our Parkside Office at 311 Atlantic Avenue, Monday - Thursday from 8 am - 5 pm and complete a Public Housing or Maryville Towers application in person
When applying for housing, you will need to be prepared to provide the following information to complete the online application:
- Household Composition: A family/household includes, but is not limited to, the following, regardless of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
- Current & Previous Residence Information: Your current physical street address and mailing address if different; Phone Number; Emergency Contact or Message Phone; Present landlord’s name and phone number; Your previous residence address including landlord name and phone number, date moved in, and date moved out.
- Household Income: List ALL family members who receive or earn income in your household. This includes wages, AFDC, Social Security Benefits, disability, child support, school grants or scholarships, self-employment, retirement, family or friend assistance, etc.
- Household Assets: List ALL Financial Assets by you or any family member listed in your household, including all banking and financial accounts (checking, savings, etc.) C.D.’s, Money Markets, Stocks, Bonds, economic interests, investments, property, homes, etc. owned by family members.
- Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will be conducted on all adult applicants through the Blount County Sheriff's Department. HUD prohibits Maryville Housing Authority from providing assisted housing to individuals who have engaged in drug-related or violent criminal activity, are on any sex offenders list, or have been convicted of making meth. Arrests of a severe or repeated nature may result in denial of assistance. Failure to provide complete arrest information may result in denial of assistance for fraud. (Note: Finger Printing may be required for NCIC arrest verifications.)
- Personal References: Please provide two (2) references not related to you or any member of your household, including their name, address, and phone number.
*Notice: Intentional misrepresentation of family composition, income, present or past tenant history, family allowances and deductions, criminal history, or any other information affecting eligibility will result in the family being declared ineligible. If the misrepresentation is discovered after the admission, the lease will be terminated for such misrepresentation. False information statements are punishable under Federal and State law (T.C.A. section 39-14-104) and termination of tenancy. Title 18, Section 1001 of the United States Code, states that a person is guilty of a felony for knowingly and willingly making a false or fraudulent statement to any department or agency of the United States.